Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Community Outreach and Field Day!
We are well on our way to making the SSMS Community Outreach and Field Day for May 5th a success! This fun-filled day will consist of multiple service projects, a variety of fun, physical, activities for our students, and a color run! To make this experience memorable, we need your support! Please consider donating to the can drive, which is one of our community outreach activities. Our goal is 3000 cans and donations will go to the Casselberry Care Cabin. We could also use your support by attending Spirit Night at the Casselberry Chipotle on Wednesday, April 19th, from 5:00-9:00. Bring the flyer, show it on your phone, or simply mention that you are supporting South Seminole Middle. Last, we are fundraising so that every student at SSMS can receive an event t-shirt to wear as a memento of this great day….Any amount is appreciated! Remember to register for your class service project if you haven’t already done so. #togethertheSTORMisstonger
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
CLICK HERE FOR OUR WILDLY IMPORTANT GOAL
CLICK HERE for the 4-14-17 AIP Updates
No PBS Updates this week
CLICK HERE for the Lighthouse LEAD Coaching Notes
CHECK OUT THIS WEEKS HURRICANE WEEKLY!
CLICK HERE to sign up for an Action Team!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Twenty-seven of our 8th grade Hurricane leaders attended the Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center this past Sunday. Thanks to Mr. Cudney for facilitating this field trip and to the faculty and chaperones who also volunteered to attend! #STORM
- Ms. Puentes’ students had an amazing time at the Pet Alliance for their pay it forward initiative! They learned about animal behavior, homeless animals, and ways to give back to the community and our furry friends! Our AMAZING Hurricanes colored cards for the Pet Alliance’s volunteers and wrote messages thanking them for their service. They toured the installations, the clinic, the adoption center, and made toys for the cats with pipe cleaners. Last, but not least, they got to pet both homeless dogs and cats and play with a cute puppy named Hammi! #STORM
- Congratulations, Ms. Medlin, our 2017 School Related Employee of the Year! Well Deserved!!! #continuetoSTORM
- JROTC STORMing to support our basketball teams at their mini pep rally during lunches today! Thanks, Chief Jackson! #funtimeslunchtimes
- Congratulations, Ms. Stalker, on being selected to present at the 2017 NSTA STEM Conference this summer! Guests will discover how creativity can get learners excited by infusing Energy NGSS with carnival attraction stations, where the final goal is creating an “Energetic” attraction! #STORM
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard
- 4/15: Algebra EOC Boost Camp
- 4/19 from 3-4: Required Medication Video PD for Field Day in Media Center
- 4/19 from 5-9: Casselberry Chipotle Spirit Night
- 4/22: Middle School Math Festival
- 4/23: Secretary’s Week Begins!
- 4/27: Geometry EOC Boost Camp
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Weekend and STAY SAFE!!!!!