Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Mr. Miles!
Our very own Mr. Miles was recognized as SSMS’s Rookie Teacher of the Year during our surprise live afternoon broadcast! Mr. MIles has worked to support so many school initiatives, whether on campus or off campus. Thanks for all that you have done this school year to support our students and SSMS! Please enjoy the broadcast as he gets the news that he’s Rookie Teacher of the Year! Way to STORM, Mr. Miles!
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No PBS or AIP updates this week.
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Congratulations to our Hurricanes who participated in the Middle School Math Festival! Thanks to all of our math teachers for preparing them to STORM and do such a stellar job! Continue to STORM, Hurricanes!
- Thanks, Ms. Puentes Wolfgang, for engaging our Hurricanes in a cultural experience at the Orlando Museum of Art this weekend! While there, students learned about sculptures, portraits, impressionism, The Hudson School of Art, Precolumbian, contemporary, abstract art, and our very own Seminole Indigenous art! Afterwards, Hurricanes Sharpened the Saw with a picnic and games! #STORM
- Who better to teach kids genetics than Gregor Mendel himself? Mr. Anderson, continue to inspire and engage students’ thinking and learning! #STORM Click on the following link to see Mr. Anderson in action! https://www.facebook.com/southseminole21/videos/1899532886732513/?t=4
- Thanks, Coach Downey and Coach Ellerbe, for LEADing our Lady Hurricanes through another great basketball season! #continuetoSTORM
- April 26: PNC Parent Night 6-8 PM
- May 2: Learner Centered Learning Environments: 3-5 PM
- May 7: Spring Band Concert @ LHHS, 7 PM
- May 9: Parent Guide to ESE Night, 6-7 PM
- May 10: PNC Employee Education (Optional) @ 4:00, Media Center
- May 11: Awards Ceremonies and 8th Grade Dance
- Week of May 14: Curriculum Planning Week
- May 14: Chorus Concert in Leadership Hall from 6-8
- May 16: Field Day with a Twist
- May 17: PNC Parent Night 6-8 PM
- May 18: Yearbook Distribution Party, 6th period (3-4 PM)
- May 18: Dance Showcase @ Lyman, 5-8 PM
- May 23-25: Early Release Days (last student day: May 25)
- May 28: No School: Memorial Day
- May 29-30: Teacher Work Days
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing week and stay safe!!!!!