- We are all shaken by the events at Sandy Hook Elementary. It is just beyond belief. The best thing we can do as leaders and educators is provide the safe and secure surroundings of school. Sometimes, school is the best place for some of our students. We need to keep the familiar and consistent routines and schedules in place. Superintendent Walt Griffin acknowledged this situation by sending this note to the administration stating the following: “There are no words sufficient to express our sorrow for the people of Newtown, Connecticut and the losses of lives and innocence in their community. They will remain steadfast in our hearts and in our prayers. As superintendent of Seminole County’s public schools, I want to assure the parents, staffs, students and neighbors that we pledge the highest level of safety standards at our facilities. Though we don’t specifically speak to matters of security, know that there is nothing more important to me, to this school board and to this community than the safety of our students.” Monday, December 17, 2012, we will have a brief faculty meeting at 4:00pm in the media center to debrief on how things went and what we need to know.
- You may wish to review and refer to the attachment: “Talking To Children About Violence.”
- ESC visitors on campus today; all personnel will be wearing their SCPS badge.
- Want to know what’s happening this week? Check out the Hurricane Weekly Tab
In order to receive your W-2 Tax Form electronically you must give your consent by logging on to Employee Self Service (ESS) and select W-2/W-2c Consent. Read the consent information and click on the box to consent. You must consent by December 21, 2012 to receive your 2012 W-2 electronically……otherwise you’ll receive a mailed paper form in mid-January 2013.
- The Semester Exam Bell Schedule for Wednesday through Friday [12/19-20-21/12] is attached for your use. Please remind the children about the schedule change and the fact that on these three (3) days bag lunches will be served at lunch time AND school will dismiss at 1:50 P.M. Also note the sequence of class periods. If any changes occur, Ms. Taylor will email an updated version.
- The grading period for the 2nd quarter report card ends on 12/21/12. It is critical that all grades are inputted by 9:00pm on Monday, 1/7/13. This must be done before the 2nd semester schedules are printed on Tuesday. If you are taking comp days on 1/7 and/or 1/8, plan accordingly to meet the deadline.
- The Hospitality Committee is sponsoring the Holiday Luncheon on Wednesday, 12/19/12, beginning at 2:00 P.M. in the MPR. Please mark this important date on your calendar and plan on joining our school community as we honor Josey and Melissa and prepare to leave for our holiday with family and friends.
Have a Great Week Hurricanes!