“The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.” ~ Ralph G. Nichols
- Welcome Back Hurricanes!!!!!
- Habit 5 point to ponder: As educators/leaders we are constantly seeking new ways to communicate effectively. We work on our delivery….our diction…our understanding of the concept…and anything else that helps us make a point. After all the goal is to convey information, right? But when is the last time we truly worked on our listening. Communication is the most important skill in life. “Seek first to understand” involves a very deep shift in paradigm. We typically seek first to be understood. Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply, ( p.s. this is a challenging Habit for me, but I choose to Accept this Challenge). The goal for an effective educator/leader is to move every conversation into the attentive listening category. This is half the battle : )
- ePAT will be administered on April 2 – 3, 2013. Reference the link below for your scheduled time.
- FCAT Training Season is upon us. Click on the link below for your grade level training date.
- Note: All the 6th/7th grade Test Administrators and Proctors will need to attend both the paper and computer based trainings. Plan accordingly for your PLC meetings next week. Trainings are additionally posted on Zimbra.
- The FCAT Scheduling Committee has developed 3 different FCAT Daily Schedule Plans for the staff to review. Below you will find the plans and a link to take the survey via Survey Monkey, to specify your preferred FCAT Schedule. The link will remain active until April 4th at 4:00pm. Make sure to look at each dated tab on the bottom of the spreadsheets (this is where daily schedules are represented).
- 2013 – 2014 Scheduling: The results are in and Plan C (Block on M,T,Th,F…every class W) was chosen as the most conducive schedule for student learning and enrichment to be implemented next year. The Modified Block Scheduling Committee will meet to address the questions that were posed for Plan C and develop a minute to minute Bell Schedule. We will keep you posted. The Modified Scheduling Professional Development Team will be meeting to finalize PD needs and dates. Below is the chart of the voting results.
- Click on the link below to see what’s happening on the Hurricane Weekly:
- REMINDER: This year’s Summer Conference will focus on Instructional Practices from the Marzano model with examples and references to the Common Core State Standards. The conference will take place at Seminole State Conference, July 16 & 17. The registration fee for the conference is $50 per person for the two-day conference, limited to the first 300 people. We will also be offering Clinical Educator training July 16-18. The cost for this training is $75 per person, limited to the first 100 people. If you are interested in attending, see your Curriculum Administrator.
Have a Great Week Back Hurricanes!!!!!