The 8th Habit is not about adding one more habit to the 7 — one that somehow got forgotten. It’s about seeing and harnessing the power of a third dimension to the 7 Habits that meets the central challenge of the new knowledge worker age. This 8th Habit is to Find Your Voice and Inspire Others to Find Theirs. When you engage in work that taps your talent AND fuels your passion; that rises out of a great need in the world , that you feel drawn by conscience to meet – therein lies your voice, your calling! What joy, what power there must be to Be able to follow your passion this way. Not just doing something that completely fulfills and absorbs you, but that addresses the needs and pain of those around you. How precious!
- There will be a Faculty Meeting, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 in the MPR at 8:30am.
- Don’t forget to complete you Child Abuse Training Course by May 1, 2013. Turn your certificate into Laura Richards. If you miss the deadline, Ms. Taylor will contact you for the makeup session on May 2, 2013, at 8:30am.
- Professional Development for May 1st from 3:00 – 4:00 pm is attached below. Be sure to register on EIS. PD May
- Mark these important schedule dates on your calendar for the End of the Year…..all assignments that will be used to calculate the 4th quarter grade have a due date of no later than Wednesday, 05/29/13……the students’ last day. Assignment grades MUST be entered by MIDNIGHT on 05/29/13 !! This is an extremely tight turn-around time for information and is due to the fact that the administration needs to review and prepare for summer school and analyze the data and disseminate information on grades and retention. This information will be utilized on Thursday (05/30/13) when the parents of students eligible to attend High School Summer School are contacted.High School Summer School begins on Monday, 06/03/13. Remember, you may enter grades into your gradebook at anytime. Please do not wait until the last-minute.
- Teachers are invited to attend the following professional development sessions. Each session is limited to the number of participants indicated. Participants will earn 3 PD points and a $25 stipend. Please register on the Employee Information System (EIS). The sessions listed below are being held at Tuskawilla Middle School.
- Marzano DQ 2: Helping Students Interact with New Knowledge (Limit 60 seats per session) – In this activity, teachers will learn about the high-effect Marzano instructional strategies in Design Question 2, Helping Students Interact with New Knowledge. In addition, strategies within the Enacted on the Spot Lesson Segment will be incorporated. Teachers will review examples of teacher and student evidences that administrators will look for during classroom observations. June 6, 2013 8:00 to 11:00 AM Activity # 5722 at Tuskawilla Middle School
- Marzano DQ 3: Helping Students Practice and Deepen New Knowledge (Limit 60 seats per session) – In this activity, teachers will learn about the high-effect Marzano instructiona strategies in Design Question 3, Helping Students Practice and Deepen New Knowledge. In addition, strategies within the Enacted on the Spot Lesson Segment will be incorporated. Teachers will review examples of teacher and student evidences that administrators will look for during classroom observations. June 6, 2013 12:30 to 3:30 PM Activity # 5724 Tuskawilla Middle School
- Marzano DQ 4: Helping Students Generate and Test Hypotheses (Inquisitions for Authentic Learning) (Limit of 36 seats per session) In this activity, teachers will learn about guiding students to generate and test hypotheses about new knowledge. Strategies will be explored to facilitate students examining their thinking regarding the knowledge being learned, stimulating major advancements in their understanding. Teachers will review examples of teacher and student evidences that administrators will look for during classroom observations June 4, 2013 8:00 to 11:00 AM Activity # 5729 Tuskawilla Middle School
- Marzano DQ 5: Engaging Students (Creating and Maintaining Engagement for 21st Century Learners) (Limit of 44 seats per session) In this activity, teachers will learn about research-based strategies to engage all students and assess student learning through monitoring. Teachers will review examples of teacher and student evidences that administrators will look for during classroom observations.June 4, 2013 12:30 to 3:30 PM Activity # 5733 Tuskawilla Middle School
- The Florida Department of Education (FDOE) seeks your assistance in helping to promote its 2013 Teacher Instructional Materials Survey (TIMS) to teachers in your district. The TIMS is a web-based survey requesting teachers to report on the types of instructional materials they are using in their classroom. The survey will provide valuable information to FDOE that will assist in identifying the instructional materials that are used in the classrooms of highly effective teachers and evaluating the educational impact of instructional materials. This brief survey will also provide information to FDOE that can be used to identify gaps in student texts that may affect student success in subsequent coursework including entry-level college courses, provide information to districts regarding the instructional materials being used in classrooms where instruction results in high student learning gains and define requirements for instructional materials specifications. We ask that you encourage the teachers in your district to complete the survey which is available online at http://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=133763056177 The survey is confidential; therefore, results will not be reported by school or teacher name and will not be used for any type of evaluation or compliance review.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK HURRICANES!