- It is with great sadness that we announce that our beloved Josey Pagan will be taking a leave of absence. She will be greatly missed!!!! Her last day is June 26th so shower her with emails and thoughts of appreciation. We love you Josey!!!!!
All 60 indicators on the Learning Map may be assessed for the 2013-2014 school year. The Learning Map and protocols are posted on the Instructional Model and Evaluation Web page and attached below. The business rules for evaluation 2013-2014 will be forthcoming. A teacher and administrator committee will meet and make a recommendation to the Superintendent. When the decisions have been made, it will be shared with all administrators. Just wanted you to have th latest map and protocols!
- One School, One Book!!! To enhance and enrich our school-wide 20 minute reading time during our extended schedule next year. SSMS will adopt the One School, One Book philosophy. What is One School, One Book? One School, One Book is a program designed to create a shared reading experience within a single school community. The One School, One Book program was originally designed to promote reading in elementary schools, but the concept has expanded, and now many middle and high schools are also participating in One School, One Book initiatives. Imagine the power and connectivity within our entire school community (teachers, staff, students, families) – reading the same book – at home, over a specific period of time! That’s what One School, One Book is all about. Mrs. Carver is researching novels for us to read. If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to shoot her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW HURRICANES ON CAMPUS: We have been extremely busy over the past couple of weeks with interviewing and finding dynamic teachers to join us in our commitment to academic excellence and increased student achievement. Please join me in welcoming the following staff members to SSMS.
- Aubrey Culberson: LA/SS
- Rafael Fernandez: Dean
- Laura Meta: Emerging Leaders
- Sara Payne: Physical Education
- Norma LaFuente: Academic Support Pullout Teacher
- Mariela Coppinger: Spanish/Elective ( joining Dr. Navarro)
- Elizabeth Reinemund: Reading
- Joseph Carioto: ISS
- Diane Firios : Math
- Katie McLean: Math
- Amber Davis: Math
- Karl Jackson: Math
- Kristi Parker: Language Arts
- Jamie Chute: Language Arts
We have a few more vacancies to fill, but will keep you posted!
- Giving our Students EDGE~ Ault, Pearson and Motley style. I would like to thank Mr. Ault, Ms. Pearson and Mr. Motley for implementing our 1st Annual EDGE program this summer. What is EDGE? Read what Mr. Ault has to say…. “The Academic Intervention Team understands the incredible opportunity we have working with students in the Middle Grades age group. These students are very susceptible to peer-influence and other social pressures. The world we live in has many voices vying for attention. Educators have an awesome opportunity to interact and positively influence students on a daily basis. This program will provide the environment to reach a child before they need to be rescued. We want our students to have the EDGE on their quest to be highly respectful and productive students inside and outside the classroom. Edge is defined as “An Advantage”; we want your child to advance or push gradually.” Attached below is a Powerpoint of the activities the students participated in.
CONTINUE TO EMPOWER OUR STUDENTS!!!! BRAVO!!!
That’s it for now Hurricanes!!!!