“Interdependence is a CHOICE only Independent People Can Make” ~ Stephen Covey
- Welcome back to the 2013-2014 academic year. I hope you enjoyed a restful and rejuvenating summer with an opportunity to enjoy family and friends as well as pursue some personal and professional projects and interests. Summer always seems to be filled with so much expectation to regroup, reflect and refine ideas that surfaced during the busy school year but have not been fully realized due to the pace of the academic schedule. However, this summer has provided us some opportunity to accomplish many of the things on our “to do lists”. Teachers and the leadership team participated in varied professional development opportunities, from Marzano to Common Core, EdInsight Data Analysis, then off to the Kagan Summer Academy and Solution’s Tree: Professional Learning Communities that works. We are armed and ready for the academic challenges of 2013-2014. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you, as I complete my first year as Principal of SSMS and enter into year two. The journey was not always easy, but …“I always take the road less traveled and that has always made the difference”. I am confident that TOGETHER we will impact instruction and ensure that ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE AN ANNUAL LEARNING GAIN.
- The Pre Plan Schedule is attached below. Teacher workday hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Ms. Richards moves to the “Big House”…ESC that is!!! CONGRATULATIONS to Laura, who has been hired as a Skyward trainer for SCPS. Her last day at SSMS will be August 16, 2013. We are proud of you Laura and you will be missed!
- Welcome Aboard to our Newest Hurricanes:
David Chesmel – EBD Teacher
Angela Owens – EBD Teacher
Ron Motley – EBD Paraprofessional
Peter Lee – ASD Paraprofessional
Scott Budreau – Life Science
Myung Hwoi Khu – Physical/Health Science
Gabriela Madrid – Bookkeeper
Hat’s off to Ms. Ciocca for organizing and implementing our first annual, “Scream the Theme” school wide campus clean up days. Many of our students, teachers, parents and even grandparents came to join in the fun. This will be an ongoing project at SSMS to reflect our PRIDE in our Leadership and Global Connections Magnet.
School Grades have not been released. There are anticipated to be released by the end of next week. Review the link to see the Governor’s recommendation for adjusted Grading Rules for FCAT 2013.
- Take a moment to check out our Welcome Back Edition of the Hurricane Watch. Great job Ms. Taylor!
- Click below for a preview of our “Suspended Curriculum” for August 12 -16, 2013. If you have any questions,contact Amy Bingham or Dawn Trenholm. Nice work ladies.
THAT’S IT FOR NOW HURRICANES…
WELCOME BACK!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!
(Oh boy… I am really dating myself now)