“The Art of Teaching is the Art of Teaching Discovery!”
~ Mark Van Dorn
Thank you for a great second year! The collaboration and ongoing feedback assisted in our journey to setting the culture and vision for our school. We are Looking forward to 2014-2015 and the curriculum planning that will be taken place this summer. Take a well deserved break Hurricanes!!!!!
END OF CLOSE OUT INFORMATION
- Grades are due Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.
- CLICK HERE for End of Year Checklist
- CLICK HERE for Custodial-Classroom-Repair Request
- CLICK HERE for Summer-Shutdown-Checklist
- The last two (2) days of school are early dismissal days for SSMS students. The time for this, as it was last week is 1:50 P.M: Tuesday – May 27, 2014 and Wednesday – May 28, 2014……..Last Day of School. Students are not allowed to bring their “Back Packs” to school on these days. For Tuesday and Wednesday, you’re requested to escort our students to the departure area. You will be dismissed by location not the bell.
We have two Hurricanes that are relocating and will not be starting the 2014-2015 school year with us:
Danielle Hendry – relocating out-of-state to Michigan
Sarah Jordan – relocating to Collier County
Congratulations to both of your families as you embark upon these new journeys. You will be missed!FOR THE LOVE OF DATA The A-Team
FCAT Writes scores were released on Friday, May 23, 2014. We performed approximately the same as we did last year, at 47% of our 8th graders receiving a score of 3.5 or higher on their essay. Last year our raw data reflected 49% proficiency. Once non-accountability students are eliminated from the data ( students not enrolled between October 2013 – February 2014) we will have our “true” performance. I would like to applaud our Language Arts teachers and Dr. Fisher for implementing many strategies to support our students prepare for this exam. With the many changes in 8th grade LA teachers this year, this group working collaboratively made the difference. Below is the SCPS Writing performance. With the exception of 3 Middle Schools, the proficiency rate decreased.
- May 29, 2014 we will have our end of the year Bar-B-Q in the MPR at 12:00 pm
- Your Curriculum Area Summer Trainings will be posted in PDPlace by Wednesday, May 28, 2014 afternoon. Be sure to sign up so that you can receive your Stipend and Points. PDPlace trainings sign up: ESE, MAGNET, SCIENCE, MATH, LA, SS
HAVE A GREAT LAST WEEK!