Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features SSMS Teachers STORMing at the Leader In Me Symposium!
SSMS STORMed at the Leader In Me Symposium this week! Not only were our teachers able to participate and learn more about the Leader in Me process, but they provided their own professional development to multiple other schools. Our amazing Hurricanes had table topics specific to Leadership Notebooks. They also had break-out sessions for others to learn about how we do things at SSMS. These break-out sessions focused on WIGs, Assessments, and Stations: Putting It All Together and Engaging Middle School Students in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. Way to Go, Hurricanes! #STORM #LEAD
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No AIP Updates this week.
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- SSMS 8th grade students learn about real-life experiences through the University of Florida Living On My Own simulation. Students participated in Financial Literacy lessons to prepare them for this hands-on experience. Thank you to our PTSA for their support and facilitation of this event and the teachers who helped prepare them!
- SSMS science teachers participate in the MS Content Literacy Morning, which was facilitated by Pam Ferrante. #literacyinallsubjects
- Students in Mr. Ault’s class engage in a presentation of a new society establishing rights!
- The 21st CCLC at South Seminole Middle School hosted an adult education class for SSMS Families, which focused on Habits 1 and 2 (Be Proactive and Begin with the End in Mind)! Thanks, Ms. Cabanillas Del Real, for being such an amazing facilitator!
- Ms. Trenholm, Mr. DeJesus, and Ms. McEvoy presented and featured Leadership Expo topics at the Leader in Me Symposium!
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard
- Incoming 6th Grade Curriculum Night is Feb. 16, from 6-8 PM.
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Weekend and STAY SAFE!!!!!