Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Mr. Surdovel’s class!
Sometimes we wonder if our students assimilate what they learn to outside of the classroom. In case you are wondering, you do make a difference! A story was shared this week where a parent was so pleased and called the school to let us know that, for the first time, her daughter used the iPad to form complete sentences when requesting items to communicate with her. She thanked Mr. Surdovel for not giving up on her child and for finding a way that her child could have a voice. Through the PECS and communication devices in Mr. Surdovel’s class, his students are learning to communicate and express themselves, even if done differently! ALL truly does mean ALL at SSMS and ALL students have the opportunities to engage in our habits! #LEAD #STORM
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Team “Distant STORM” showed how Hurricanes stick together to support an amazing cause during their marathon relay! #RunDONNA #hurricanes #STORM
- Congratulations to all the Hurricanes that participated in the graduation ceremony for the Police Academy program from Casselberry PD. Thanks to Officer Bosa and Officer Bermudez who mentored students after school! #STORM
- SSMS had another amazing Curriculum Night for our incoming 6th grade students! Thanks to all the families and staff that came out and we look forward to meeting all our future Hurricanes!
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard
- No School February 20th!
- Black History Month Assembly will be February 24th (You should have RSVP’d to attend).
- Bring Your Parents to School Day will be February 27th.
- Monday Morning Leadership will be February 27th.
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Weekend and STAY SAFE!!!!!