Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features SSMS Hurricane Leaders of Art!
Thanks to our local artist, Jeff Sonksen, for working with our students on creating various murals of leaders who have had a disability. These murals have been placed in our leadership garden area! Thanks to all the students who worked so hard on them, too! They are beautiful! Thank you to Student Government for sponsoring this project! #STORM
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No AIP Updates this week
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Hurricanes participated in FSA Reading Boost Camp on Tuesday and Wednesday. During this time, students rotated through various stations where they practiced standards-based FSA editing, listening, and test taking strategies. They also played educational games related to the sports theme, “Preparing for Game Day (FSA ).” Thanks to all the teachers that facilitated these boost camps this week!
- Congratulations to our SSMS students that participated in the Read to Lead competition! We’re proud of you! Thanks, Ms. Reid, for working so tirelessly with these students to help prepare them. #STORM
- SSMS STORMed at their Chorus Concert tonight! Such beautiful voices of such amazing leaders! #STORM #chorus #LEAD
- Ms. Gahan’s class created such a wonderful video where they learned about a closed ecosystem to demonstrate the carbon cycle. Check out the video on our Facebook page!
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard
- Please consider supporting the Susan Fernandez Cancer Fund by attending the Orlando Magic game on April 6th. Tickets will be distributed at SSMS on Tuesday, April 4th, and Wednesday, April 5th. The attached flyer has ticket purchase information. #noonefightsalone
- 4/3: TLIM Visit
- 4/4: NJHS Induction Ceremony at 6:00 PM
- 4/4-4/5: ELA Boost Camp
- 4/6: Magic Game
- 4/6-4/7: Math Boost Camp
- 4/10: FSA Begins
- 4/13: Biometric Health Screening
- 4/19 from 5-9: Chipotle in Casselberry Night
- 4/20-4/21: Civics Boost Camp
- 4/22: Middle School Math Festival
- 4/23: Secretary’s Week Begins!
- 4/27-4/28: Civics Boost Camp
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Weekend and STAY SAFE!!!!!