Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Bring Your Parents to School Day!
Thanks to all the parents that came to visit SSMS on Bring Your Parents to School Day and the teachers who welcomed them in their classes! It was so wonderful to see parents share their day with their child, walk (or rush) to get to classes on-time, and express how tired they were at the end of the day mostly because had forgotten what it was like to be in middle school. So many parents took time to share how much they respected what each of you do after spending the day in their child’s class! THANK YOU!
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No PBS Updates
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Congratulations to our AMAZING Hurricanes who performed their solo and ensemble band performances at Hagerty High! They received 22 Superior and 2 Excellent ratings! Thanks, Ms. Sirmeyer, for helping these students find their gift of music! Continue to STORM, Hurricanes!
- Congratulations to Ms. Rutherford, Ms. Hernandez, and Mr. Ougel who were recognized by their peers this month! In addition, congratulations to Ms. Gonzalez, Mr. Kiefer, and Ms. Colter for being considered a high impact teacher from the state of Florida.
- Thanks, Ms. Cabanillas Del Real, for being such an amazing facilitator for the 21st CCLC adult education class for SSMS families, which focused on Habits 3 and 4 (Put First Things First, and Think Win-Win)!
- Students in Mr. Ault’s Law Studies class collaborate to defend their various case studies while the “judge” prepares the guidelines and “laws” for the scenarios. Way to go, Hurricanes!
- Congratulations to our AMAZING JROTC Hurricanes on the cover of Altamonte Wekiva Springs Life Magazine , their story on p. 18, and our teacher of the year finalist, Ms. Stalker, on p. 27-28! STORM ON, HURRICANES! Enjoy the link: https://www.awslife.com/filerepository/archives/…/index.html to view their stories!
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard
- March 9th: Student-Led Conferences and ELA/Reading/Math FSA Night
- March 13-16: 3rd quarter exams
- March 15: Positive Referral Celebration (during all lunches)
- March 17: Teacher Work Day
- March 20-24: Spring Break
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Weekend and STAY SAFE!!!!!