Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Sharpening the Saw at Fall Festival!
SSMS Fall Festival was a hit! The weather was amazing and students, teachers, parents, and community members had a blast! Our students, parents, and teaches sharpened the saw and continued to build relationships with their students and families as they participated in all sorts of fun activities! Thanks to everyone that made this event happen and to Mr. DeJesus for facilitating it! #sharpenthesaw
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Thanks, Chief Jackson, for an amazing 1st quarter promotion celebration. SSMS JROTC STORMed and celebrated their 1st 9 week promotions for demonstrating excellent academic performance in and out of the classroom and meeting the required 2.0 GPA to be promoted to the next rank. One of our parents were able to recognize her own cadet for this special ceremony! #STORM #celebratevictories
- Thanks, Mr. Motley, for facilitating the PBS STORM Buck drawing and additional positive referral drawing. Students that received a positive referral were entered into a weekly drawing to receive an addition celebration for themselves and one of their friends! #STORM
- Thanks to everyone that participate in Red Ribbon Week! #saynotodrugs
- Shout Out to Ms. Stalker and Ms. Strickland for promoting SSMS at Lawton Elementary and Mr. Miles for marketing with students at the SCPS Magnet Expo! #STORM
- November 1: ESOL Family Night
- November 6: Monday Morning Leadership Meeting
- November 7: Magnet Might and PBS Golden Model School Award Recognition at the ESC
- November 9: Chorus Concert at WSHS
- November 10: Veteran’s Day Band Concert at Casselberry Elementary (9:30 AM)
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
- CLICK HERE for Youth Service Briefing Grant Opportunities