Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Girls’ in Government!
SSMS Girls’ In Government STORMed as they experienced Civics first-hand at the courthouse. This was an extension to their previous learned knowledge from the Girls’ in Government day! Our students were able to deepen their knowledge and understanding with real-world experiences!Thanks to LWV-Seminole, Dede Schaffner, Judge McIntosh, Judge Nelson, Sergeant Lapp, Deputy Quiles, Lieutenant Lemma, Captain Howard, Lieutenant Heath, and Assistant State Attorney Bynum for participating and teaching our future voters and female LEADers! #empoweringgirlstoLEAD
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Congratulations to our new teachers that participated in 7 Habits 2-day professional development with Covey’s 7 Habits facilitator! Our leader teachers have now become “Habitized”! #LEADon #STORM
- Thanks, Mr. Motley, for facilitating the additional PBS celebration Wednesday. Student winners received a special celebration for having their name drawn for receiving a positive referral! This was an additional celebration for this lucky winners!
- Thanks, Ms. Cabanillas Del Real, for facilitating another great 21st Century adult education 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families Night! Families learned about Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind and created family mission statements.
- Oct 16 and 17: Quarter 1 Exams
- Oct. 18: Picture Day and Band Spirit Night at Chipotle
- Oct 26: Fall Festival
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
- Are you looking for great opportunities to get grant money for your Leadership Academy or class? Please view this link: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102356662894&ca=a04fb5c8-198d-4ab8-a763-92c244715af2Disney is committed to strengthening communities around the world through volunteerism and wants to know what you’re going to do to help make your community healthier, greener, and stronger – creating a brighter tomorrow. Starting this fall, Disney, through YSA, will offer $500 Disney Be Inspired grants to kids who plan to implement volunteer projects in their community. Here are some resources and ideas http://citizenship.disney.com/strengthen-communities/resources/?cds
- CLICK HERE for Youth Service Briefing Grant Opportunities