Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Why SSMS?
Why SSMS? Well…because Great Leaders Serve! Our students and staff are continuously showcasing their various leadership traits. This past week, our SSMS student LEADers explained, “Why SSMS?” to the community and future SSMS Hurricanes at Casselberry’s Funtoberfest! Thanks, Mr. Miles, for LEADing them this past Saturday! Our JROTC also STORMed at their carwash this past Saturday! Community involvement and giving back is a part of what JROTC does regularly and Chief Jackson LEADs them through this journey. SSMS also welcomed approximately 700 students from Casselberry Elementary for a storybook character parade! What better way to give back than to welcome our future Hurricanes to SSMS! So, Why SSMS? I ask you, WHY NOT?
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- The World Language Teachers, along with the Performing and Visual Arts Teachers, hosted the Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly where a variety of students were able to display and show their talents in research, performance, and arts. Students were able to learn and see hispanic culture and attributes that embody our culture today. Thanks to everyone that helped put this special event together! It couldn’t have been done without all of you!!! #globalconnections
- Mr. Perri’s class has begun planting and caring for various vegetables, herbs, and flowers! For this cycle of planting, they have cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, greens, lettuce, sage, parsley, basil, and various flowers! Students will learn how to care for the plants, learn how to prepare the vegetables and herbs, and then invite their parents in for a meal they prepare. Keep an eye on the progress, Hurricanes, as we watch our leadership garden grow!
- November 6: Monday Morning Leadership Meeting
- November 7: Magnet Night @ SSMS and PBS Golden Model School Award Recognition at the ESC
- November 9: Chorus Concert at 7:00, WSHS
- November 10: Veteran’s Day Band Concert at Casselberry Elementary (9:30 AM)
- November 14: Teach-in
- November 15: Charity Basketball Game: CPD vs. SSMS
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
- CLICK HERE for Youth Service Briefing Grant Opportunities