Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Ms. Ciocca!
We would like to take a moment to wish Ms. Ciocca the best of luck as she takes on a new endeavor as CHOICES coordinator. The impact you have made at SSMS, both for students and faculty, cannot be measured! You will be sorely missed; however, we know that you will STORM in your new position. #continuetoSTOTRM #alwaysahurricane
CONTINUE TO STORM, Ms. Ciocca!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Thanks to everyone that made the Hurricane Shake such a success! Our final round of the Hurricane Shake was held on Wednesday. Through this event, our students learned leadership techniques to greet others with a handshake and ways to present positive assets to others. Students are scored with a rubric based on the following categories: handshake, confidence, verbal poise, eye contact and overall impression. Congratulations to our 6th grade champion: Kelis, 7th grade champion: Hannah, and our 8th grade and overall winner: Naomi!
- Thanks to Ms. Hernandez and all the Amplify teachers who welcomed our guest speaker, Ji Li Jiang, Author of “Red Scarf Girl”.
- Thanks, Chief Jackson, for facilitating a great JROTC Law Enforcement Career Day! We had a total of Six (6) Law Enforcement Agencies headed by the Seminole County Sheriff Department to speak and demonstrate the many departments within law enforcement. The cadets and students of SSMS were able to interact with the following law enforcement departments:
Water Rescue & Recovery Squad
Air Patrol & Rescue (Helicopter)
K9 Comfort Team
Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
The goal was for every cadet and student to receive first hand knowledge on the many avenues law enforcement has to offer. #STORM
- SSMS Chorus sang beautiful holiday songs at the Casselberry tree lighting at Lake Concord Park! Thanks, Ms. Davis, for preparing your students for such a beautiful performance! #STORM
- SSMS Hurricanes STORMed at the cross country meet at Lake Mary High School! Thanks Mr. Rincon and everyone helping out with cross country!
- Mr. Cudney STORMed at the “Wh@t’s Happening?” along with some of our fellow Hurricanes who are STORMing as they learn! Congrats to Ms. Colter for winning a laptop, Ms. Escalara for winning a Lenovo, and Ms. Fernandez for winning Dash and Dot robots. #STORMon
- December 11: Tropicana Speech @ 8:30 in the media center
- December 13: Positive Referral Celebration during all lunches
- December 13: 3-4 PD: Locations will be sent via your curriculum leader OR if you are a tier 2 teacher, you will meet in the media center and received a calendar invitation from Ms. Elkharchafi.
- December 14: Movie Night: 4:15-7:15
- December 18: Monday Morning Leadership
- December 18: Winter Band Concert at LHHS
- December 18-21: Exams (please reference the schedule Ms. Durand sent via email)
- December 19-21: Early Release Days
- December 22: Teacher Work Day
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
- CLICK HERE for Youth Service Briefing Grant Opportunities