Ms. Maingot’s Dance Leadership Academy went to the German American Society of Central Florida to perform two dances for the senior citizen holiday luncheon put on by the Casselberry Police Department. While the guests who attended the luncheon appreciated the performances, they also appreciated that our LEADers were from their community and SSMS! Thanks, Ms. Maingot, for allowing your students such an enriching experience and for allowing them to give back to the community and LEADing by example! #greatleadersserve #communityinvolvement #LEADbyexample #STORM
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No PBS Updates this week
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Thanks to everyone who participated and facilitated the Academic Advocate and Tier 2 teacher meetings! Your input was very helpful in building a program that is going to support our students! Our goal is to create a systematic process that ensures every child receives the additional time and support needed to learn at high levels. With your help and input, a system will be in place where students will receive interventions when proficiency is not obtained on essential standards in every course!
- SSMS had our in-house Tropicana Speech Contest. Three 6th grade students were selected from each 6th grade class and Alyssa C. will move on to the county competition on December 18th. Thanks to all the 6th grade ELA teachers that prepared the students and especially Ms. McEvoy for facilitating the event!
- Thanks to everyone that made Movie Night such a success!
- December 18: Winter Band Concert at LHHS
- December 18-21: Exams (please reference the schedule Ms. Durand sent via email)
- December 19-21: Early Release Days
- December 21: Holiday Pancake Breakfast 8-9 AM in the Media Center
- December 22: Teacher Work Day
- As a reminder, our new schedule will begin next semester (see below)