Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features our Hurricane Handshake Winners!
Hurricane Handshake winners had real-world experiences and an opportunity to practice their skills by greeting the Casselberry City Commissioners! They will then take feedback and what they have learned throughout this journey to participate at The Ron Clark Academy’s Amazing Shake National Competition in Atlanta, GA!
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- SSMS JROTC STORMed at The Monster Truck Jam! Thanks, Chief Jackson, for providing our Hurricanes with this opportunity!
- SSMS Hurricanes synergize as they prepare for Leadership Day! A special shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Szentmiklosi who traveled from Clearwater to help out but also to our own Hurricanes for working together to create such amazing items!
- Students in Ms. Riessen’s class work dilligently as they work on creating “STORM” letters for leadership day! Thanks, Ms. Riessen! #studentscreatingart
- SSMS Hurricanes attend The FutureSmart Challenge Event hosted by Junior Achievement at the Amway today. The group of students representing SSMS learned about financial literacy and careers. Thanks to everyone that chaperoned and participated in this wonderful event with our leaders! #STORM #lifeskills
- South Seminole News (SSN) was invited to Valencia College to record interviews for the Library of Congress and the Veterans History Project. These interviews will be sent to Washington D.C. to be preserved forever. The mission of this project is to collect the stories and experiences of war veterans while they are with us. Thanks, Mr. Miles, for giving our Hurricanes this opportunity! #SSMS #VeteransHistoryProject #STORMon
- January 31: Health Screenings Re-Check
- February 1: TLIM Symposium (Leadership Day)
- February 1: Curriculum Night 6-8 PM
- February 5: Monday Morning Leadership/PNC School Bank presentation
- February 5: Reading, Civics, ELL and 8th Grade Science Data Dive
- February 6: ELA and Math Data Dive
- February 6: NAEP for 8th grade students
- February 13: Valentine’s Day Dance 4:30-6:30
- February 19: President’s Day-No School
- Week of February 20: Curriculum Planning Week
- February 21: Learner Centered Learning Environments 3:00-5:00
- February 26: Bring your Parents to School Day
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.