Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features Hurricanes LEADing their Learning!
Our amazing students engaged in student led conferences with their families on Family Night! They shared their progress thus far for the school year, in addition to sharing FSA data, to include projected proficiency data. Students also shared their goals and necessary steps to accomplish their goals. Parents had the opportunity to receive additional math and reading FSA information. #STORMon #familyengagement
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Congratulations to Ms. Colter, Ms. Gonzalez, and Ms. Tandlich on being recognized as high impact teachers based on the 2017 FSA data. Commissioner Stewart states that a recent analysis of student performance on statewide standardized assessments found that these teachers had an impact on student learning growth that is among the most positive in the entire state. #STORMon
- Thanks to all the teachers that STORMed during the collaborative structures professional development, which was facilitated by Ilene Haney. #alwaysalearner
- Thanks to all our SSMS ELA Support Facilitation Teams that collaborated and built their expertise through Universal Design for Learning (UDL) professional development! #STORMon
- Students in Ms. Stalker’s classes work as collaborative teams to decode and unlock 7 “chapters” in order to save Will Byers from the upside down! Students targeted the standards that needed additional focus based on 9 weeks exam data. Instead of “Stranger Things”, they participated in “Science Things”! #ownyourlearning #thinkoutsidethebox
- April 4: Staff PD, Media Center, 8:30
- April 10: Mary Beth Tinker Assembly: 7th Grade Students Only
- April 11: PNC Employee Education 8:30 (Optional). A light breakfast and coffee will be provided.
- April 26: PNC Parent Night 6-8 PM
- May 2: Learner Centered Learning Environments: 3-5 PM
- May 9: ESE Night
- May 11: Awards Ceremonies and 8th Grade Dance
- May 16: Field Day with a Twist
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing week and stay safe!!!!!