Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features SSMS being Named a National Magnet School of Distinction by Magnet Schools of America!
South Seminole Middle School has been recognized as a Magnet School of Distinction in The Magnet Schools of America Merit Award program. SSMS was recognized as a top magnet school in the United States for showing a commitment to high academic standards, curriculum innovation, successful desegregation/diversity efforts, a highly qualified and specialized teaching staff, and parent and community involvement.
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No AIP Updates this week.
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Our 8th Grade Hurricanes STORMed at the University of Florida field trip. While there, our LEADERS had an opportunity to explore their interests and the multiple STEM offerings at UF! Thanks to everyone that shared in this experience! #gettingreadyforhighschoolandbeyond
- Hurricanes STORM at the Innovator and Problem Solver Showcase for Science and Social Studies! Thanks to all the Science and Social Studies teachers for their hard work in preparing for this event and to Ms. Hernandez for facilitating it!
- Our Hurricanes STORMed at Solo and Ensemble! They are bringing home 48 superior medals!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go and Thanks, Ms. Sirmeyer, for preparing them to STORM!!! ♩
- Thanks to all our Hurricanes that came out to judge the SCPS History Fair! #STORMon
- Hurricanes STORM at the World Languages Festival! Thanks, Ms. Cabanillas Del Real for STORMing with your students! #globalconnections
- Our Hurricanes STORMed at the 5K Walt Walk! Thanks to everyone that came out to support team SSMS and a special shout-out goes to Ms. Maingot who got 2nd place in her age group! #STORM
- Thanks to all the teachers that opened their classrooms and welcomed parents for Bring Your Parents to School Day! Parents also had the opportunity to learn about FSA from our instructional coaches.
- Our Hurricanes did an amazing job presenting their simulated Black History Wax Museum, which was similar to Madame Tussauds. Thanks to all the teachers that brought their students to the “museum”, to all the student participants, and to Ms. Reid for facilitating this experience! #STORM
- Thanks to all the teachers that welcomed parents into their classrooms for Bring Your Parents to School Day! We had approximately 70 parents that attended! Our parents also had an opportunity to learn about the FSA from our instructional coaches. #STORM
- Congratulations to our Hurricanes that were inducted into South Seminole Middle School’s National Junior Honor Society and to all the teachers that judged the finalists. A special thanks to Ms. Stalker and Ms. Strickland for facilitating this wonderful event! NJHS is more than just an honor roll, but serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character. Induction into the National Junior Honor Society is a prestigious distinction awarded only to the most proficient students. Few students are nominated for induction, and even fewer are accepted. Continue to STORM!
- Students in Ms. Puentes Wolfgang’s World Languages class learn about Italian culture while Sharpening the Saw! #learningisfun #thinkingoutsidethebox
- March 6: FSA Writes
- March 6-7: Girls’ In Government Field Trip
- March 7: PBS Celebration (All Lunches)
- March 12: Monday Morning Leadership in the Media Center
- March 15: PNC Employee Education @ 4:15 (Optional)
- March 15: Read to Lead Competition
- March 16: Teacher Work Day
- March 29: Rescheduled Student Led Conference Night and PNC Parent Night
- May 2: Learner Centered Learning Environments: 3-5 PM
- May 9: ESE Night
- May 11: Awards Ceremonies and 8th Grade Dance
- May 16: Field Day with a Twist
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing Week and stay safe!!!!!