Hello Hurricanes!!!! This Week’s “STORM TALK” features SSMS’s accomplishments during the MSA Conference!
SSMS represented well during the Magnet Schools of America (MSA) 2018 Conference in Chicago this past week. Not only was SSMS recognized as being a Merit School of Distinction but SSMS was also recognized as one of the first Nationally Certified Magnet Schools! Dr. Coleman-Baker, Ms. Ciocca, and Mr. Gregory engaged their audience as they presented, “Campaign Design for School Promotion”, which focused on branding and marketing. Ms. Elkharchafi and Ms. Reid also presented at the conference. Their presentation was entitled, “Incorporating Business Partnerships to Enhance Your Magnet”.
CONTINUE TO STORM, Hurricanes!
No AIP updates this week.
TEACHER SHOUT OUTS: #BringittoLIFE
- Art students Aryana M., Kayla E., Alexis V., Morgan S. and Sky R. received recognition for their finalist entries in the City of Casselberry’s Drop Savers water conservation art contest. Sky’s design won first place in her division and will be competing at the State Level. Our LEADers received their awards from Mayor Glancy at a ceremony during Earth Fest. Mrs. Riessen and Ms. Hernandez also took 8th Grade art students to the Orlando Museum of Art to see the Enduring Beauty: Seminole Art and Culture exhibit, celebrating Seminole culture with works of art, adornment and domestic crafts dating from the early 19th century to the mid-20th century. #STORM
- Our Hurricanes had the pleasure of celebrating World Book Day at the City of Casselberry Lake Concord Park. They read excerpts from their favorite novels to the audience during the ceremony. Thanks, Ms. Reid, for accompanying our Hurricanes! #STORM
- Congratulations to our Lady Hurricanes on making it to the final four and for a great basketball season! Thanks, Coach Downey and Coach Ellerbe, for LEADing our students! Thanks to everyone that came out to support our Hurricanes! #STORMon
CLICK HERE for Liability Postcard ANNOUNCEMENTS
- May 7: Spring Band Concert @ LHHS, 7 PM
- May 9: Parent Guide to ESE Night, 6-7 PM
- May 10: PNC Employee Education (Optional) @ 4:00, Media Center
- May 11: Awards Ceremonies and 8th Grade Dance
- Week of May 14: Curriculum Planning Week
- May 14: Chorus Concert in Leadership Hall from 6-8
- May 16: Field Day with a Twist
- May 17: PNC Parent Night 6-8 PM
- May 18: Yearbook Distribution Party, 6th period (3-4 PM)
- May 18: Dance Showcase @ Lyman, 5-8 PM
- May 23-25: Early Release Days (last student day: May 25)
- May 28: No School: Memorial Day
- May 29-30: Teacher Work Days
- FDLRS Teaching Students with Disabilities Online Module is available in this short video from DTL at http://www.fl-pda.org. The video link is http://vimeo.com/113935831.
HAVE A STORMing week and stay safe!!!!!